Oil, Gas & Mining
We deliver solutions for rubber mining applications, gold recovery, subsea pipeline and industrial insulation, metal processing and more.
Optimizing rubber in mining applications allows mines to increase productivity, lower their costs and better their environmental performance.
Our Engineered Elastomer Composite (E2C™) solutions offer off-the-road (OTR) and earthmover tire manufacturers with options for balanced performance, increased durability and improved energy efficiency, and enable manufacturers of mining rubber liners for slurry pumps, hydrocyclones and rubber pipes to realize breakthrough improvements in erosion and wet abrasion resistance, as well as mechanical strength.
Our ENDURE® carbon blacks provide enhanced durability for conveyor belts with options to maximize wear life or balance durability and hysteresis for energy consumption or lower heat buildup, reducing costly equipment downtime and increasing throughput.
Purification and adsorption
We supply industry-leading activated carbon products for a wide range of oil, gas and mining applications. Activated carbon can be used to:
- Purify biogas from undesirable compounds like hydrogen sulfide (H2S), siloxanes and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Purify gas treatment liquids, such as amines, to reduce foaming and corrosion; lower amine make-up, improve amine quality; and increase efficiency of plant operations
- Adsorb gold-cyanide complex in carbon-in-pulp (CIP)/carbon-in-leach (CIL) systems or in columns after a heap leach operation (carbon-in-column systems)
- Remove modifiers, collectors and depressants in flotation circuits and in copper, molybdenum, cobalt and nickel refining
- Remove color and impurities from natural gas liquids (NGLs) in mid-stream gas plants to enable cost and energy savings
- Remove larger hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen, hydrogen sulfide and traces of elemental metals like mercury from natural gas
Superior thermal performance
Our innovative aerogel products can provide superior thermal performance across a wide range of temperatures from cryogenic to 600°C for industrial insulation applications. Additionally, aerogel insulation allows our customers to effectively meet transport challenges in subsea pipelines by delivering a superior solution that features ultra-low thermal conductivity and low loss in thermal performance over time.